Sunday, April 6, 2014

4 Week Fitness Plan

I've never been able to stick to an exercise plan.  I know how important it is for good long-term health, and I walk everywhere, so I get a fair amount of exercise, but I don't actually work out in a way that tones.  We're going on a two week vacation in just under a month, and I'd really like to firm up a bit.  I'm hoping that if I can just commit myself to the one month of exercise, I'll be hooked enough by the end of the month that I will keep on doing it.  A month seems manageable.  I can do a month, right?  It's just four little weeks.  Hrmph.  We'll see.

I've been looking online for a good one month plan.  Some seem ridiculously hard.  I don't want to hurt myself.  Some also focus on "fat blasting," which I don't really need.  I want to tone, but don't really want to lose any more weight.  Others, I want to like, but they just look kind of boring, and I know I won't stick with it.  It has to be something that is appealing, will give me results, and which I won't get bored by.

So, I came up with my own plan.  It involves 25 minutes of cardio 5 days a week, which is going to be walking.  It's going to be walking because I can either do it at lunchtime at work without breaking a sweat (if I have to re-shower during the day, it's just not going to happen), or I can do it with the kids in the stroller.  Plus, I already walk a lot, so it's not like it is a big change.

Then, twice a week I'm going to do this arm workout.  It looks manageable, and it looks like it will deliver results in a relatively short amount of time.  That's just eight workouts in a month.  I can do 8 workouts.  Can't I?

I'm going to throw this one in just once a week.  It looks hard, but appeals to me for some reason.  Why not try it?  It's just 4 workouts.  I can definitely do something four times.  And four times in a month--no problem!

And then, I'm going to do this twice a week.   I normally don't go in for "celebrity" stuff, but it looks doable.  I hate crunches.

It may not get me totally firm, but it should get me firmer, and maybe it will take enough to stick beyond my vacation.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good luck! Sounds like a good plan!