Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Adios, 2008

Today marks the end of a very long year for me. It has had more ups and downs (especially downs) than I ever imagined, and frankly, I'm glad to be done with it. Out with the old, rotten year, and in with the new. It is going to be a very good year, because I have decided that it will be so.

After much soul-searching, I've realized that I really need to make time for myself to make myself healthy, and that's my New Year's resolution: to get healthy. Good food, plenty of sleep, exercise, yoga. It's such a simple thing, your health, and one that you don't give much thought to until you don't have it. I've been trying to patch myself together while going a million miles an hour this last year, and it clearly doesn't work. So, I'm giving myself a few months to really get it together. Hopefully, that will be all it takes to get me in premium condition. And then, hopefully, a baby will naturally follow.

Also after much soul-searching, I've realized that there are basically three things that I want to do with my life, professionally. One is to try to obtain a particular job abroad. One is to start my own business, but not in my current field. And the third thing is so crazy I can't even admit to it out loud, not even here. Each of these things is harder and more impossible than the last. But I'm totally and completely in love which each possibility, and nothing else appeals to me at all. The solution? Well, since each is more impossible than the last, I'm going to pursue all three at once. In theory, I could actually do all three at once, even if I was successful at all three. But given how impossible each one is one its own, that seems unlikely. But hey, who knows? The sky's the limit. My second New Year's Resolution is to do something each day that furthers my attempt to achieve on of them. Of course, I'll fill you in on how it's going! The best part? I can keep my blog name. . ."Borneo" will just stand for that elusive job abroad, which could indeed end up being Borneo.

In baby news, we won't be trying this cycle, because I'm technically supposed to still be on malaria medication, and because they still haven't sorted out exactly what happened while I was diving. The doctor took me off the malaria medication out of concern I was experiencing side effects, and I could theoretically still suffer an outbreak. I'm on a load of other medications for stomach issues, and slowly feeling better, so hopefully, I'm on the mend. I'm currently on CD2. After several years of looong cycles, my last three have been 28, 24, and 26 days in length. Hopefully, I will have regular, even cycles as we start actively trying again.

I hope today finds you happily ushering out the old year, and looking forward to the new, as well.

2 comments:

VA Blondie said...

How exciting! It sounds like you have a lot you want to accomplish this year. It feels really good to have goals and activities outside the land of IF. It is a wonderful distraction.

Wishing you all the best! Happy New year!

Jamie said...

I like your outlook on 2009. Kudos to you on making the decision to pursue your dreams - simultaneously!!

I hope 2009 brings you many blessings and much happiness.