Saturday, May 29, 2010

Moving Along. . .

I am exhausted. I have been chairing a committee for a local nonprofit, and today was my last "official" act--throwing a fundraiser. I ran around all day. T. had to work, so I brought the baby with me. She was absolutely perfect all day--she hung out in her stroller for most of the day, smiling and giggling at everyone. I think she LOVED the mental stimulation of being outside. She is zonked now! My legs ache from all of the running around, though.

I have been putting off listing our house for rent, simply because I'm dreading dealing with it--the taking of pictures (there are piles EVERYWHERE right now!), the phone calls, the showings. It's pretty much the last thing I want to do. But, it must be done. I just listed the house on Crai.gslist a half an hour ago, and within 10 minutes, I'd received two different phone calls about it!

T. and I agreed on a price before I listed it. It's a fair price, and covers all of our expenses, and it's well within the price range for houses for rent in our area. It's gorgeous space, too. The renovations have turned out really nice. The custom kitchen went in this week, and I love it. I would have been so happy living here! I must be crazy. . .Once I started getting the calls, T. said that he didn't think we were asking for enough money, but I think it's a good price. Hopefully, we can find the right people to rent it.

By the way, to answer the question about which brest pump I am using, I have the Med.ela Free.style. I love it, love it, love it. It is tiny and light and works really well, and I don't even use the highest settings on it. The pump literally fits in the palm of your hand, and you can throw it into any bag you want. The parts are easy to find and relatively inexpensive. You can sterilize them in the microwave or dishwasher, ALL of them. There are bottles that attach right to the pump, and it comes with a little separate refrigerated bag and freezer pack that fits 4 bottles. It's made pumping totally easy, and totally portable. I went to the store and picked up some of the other pumps, and they weighed SO much more that I spent the extra cash to get the Free.style. I haven't been disappointed. It was worth every penny.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oooh - I didn't know you guys were planning on renting your house. I hope you find the ~perfect~ renters and you can check that stress off your list soon!