Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Because I Don't Like Medicine

So, my surgery is in the morning for the damn kidney stones, and of course I'm posting twice in one day instead of going to bed, because I'm anxious.  Have I mentioned that I'm afraid of anesthesia?  And also, of having a tiny hose snaked up through my ureter? And, of having a tiny laser snaked up inside my kidney and used to destroy things (which hopefully include only the kidney stone and nothing else)?  It all seems so unpleasant.  I really, really hate anesthesia.  It scares me.  There is a reason I've had two natural childbirths.

My mother, who hardly ever is difficult about most things, started pushing about just when I've had anesthesia and how I know it's not the greatest experience for me, and I didn't have the energy to tell her about my D&C, which I don't think I've ever mentioned to her.

I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 in the morning.  I should really go to bed.  But you know what?  I think I'll finish SB's birth story, which I drafted a few weeks after she was born, but never quite finished.  I'll set it up to post in the next few days.  That will distract me for a bit longer.

Ugh.  I really don't want to have surgery tomorrow.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck!

Io said...

Good luck...might I recommend something along the lines of prune juice afterwards?I looooved anesthesia but one particular side effect was a little, er, difficult.

Eb said...

Just think of the anesthesia naked and on the toilet. Works for stage fright !
Best of luck. Tell them about your fears and they may be nice and give you some valium to calm your fears.
Big hugs.
E

Jessica White said...

Praying that everything went well for you. I don't like anesthesia or anything medical related.

Rebeccah said...

Thinking of you, and hope everything goes well.