Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Snippets

This morning, Miss M told us that "SB is fascinating."  Her vocabulary is just enormous, and I have no idea where she is picking up some of these words.  It makes me laugh, every day.  Her level of detail, the things that she notices, the things she thinks--it's all just amazing.  She such a bright, funny little kid.

We move in something like 59 days.  I have done. . .nothing.  We have so much crap to go through and get rid of.  The movers are coming NEXT WEEK to figure out how long it will take them to pack us.  In a perfect world, I would have done all of my organizing and purging already.  Yikes.  Some rooms are worse than others.  Like, everything in the living room is going to get packed, but there is tons of crap in the bedroom closets that needs to be given away.  And the baby clothes. . .I'm not ready to part with them, but it's crazy for us to move with them.  But I'm just not ready.

I went back to my kidney surgeon this week for an xray and a followup appointment.  The kidney is mostly looking good, but there are a few pieces of stuff still in my ureter.  Argh.  So frustrating.  He thinks it will all come out on its own, although there is a small chance I'll need another procedure.  I told him I choose "it all comes out on its own."  Given where I was and how complicated the surgeries ended up being, I know this isn't a big deal, but I really was hoping to get the "all clear" this week.  I have to go back in a few more weeks for another xray.  Sigh.

We have Olympics tickets for THIS WEEKEND!!!  I am so excited.  It is weird to be watching Olympics in a country that is not my own.  The commentators here are hilarious.  They invariably always trash the American athletes and say how tired they look.  They also constantly ramble on about how their athletes might actually pull off a medal, no matter how far behind they may be at any given moment.  It's so patently biased that it makes me laugh.  American Olympics coverage definitely is more highly produced, and gets better close-up shots, than the camerawork and production that is done here.  There are more channels covering it here, though.  Anyway, it's been an interesting experience, and I am really looking forward to watching the games live.




4 comments:

Jessica White said...

Olympic coverage in the US is crap! NBC has the market on it, and unless you have a television package you can't view it. Online you can't find any footage.

It's crazy the things that kids come up with. A is always telling me how beautiful places are....too funny!

Heather said...

Hope it does all work itself out and you don't need any more procedures. Enjoy the Olympics!!!

Io said...

Okay, I need post Olympics Olympics coverage!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I know I was late to this, but it was fascinating to get a feel for the Olympics from your vantage point.

Happy birthday, too!