I apparently was too positive too quickly. The genetic counselor called back today, and the news wasn't particularly bright and cheery. The nuchal fold measurement was fine, but the blood tests were not. We screened positive for Downs. Although, oddly, the risk at my age is 1/120, and our risk went to 1/160 after the test. Still, not so good. I already thought I wanted to do diagnostic testing, and this only cemented it for me.
The earliest they could get us in for amnio was 7/28. We decided that we didn't want to wait that long, in light of our screening results. We can do CVS on Wednesday if we go to Boston. So, we've got that in the works.
I freaked out a little, but I'm doing okay for the moment. I know it's just a screening test. I know that maybe everything is okay. But maybe it's also not okay. This isn't the path I would've chosen for myself.