Saturday, February 18, 2012

37 Weeks

I am cranky.

It's everything and it's nothing. It's just 37-weeks-pregnant crankiness, but really everything and everyone is bothering me. Over the last few days, the only time I feel really great is when I first wake up in the morning. I don't remember things hurting this much with Miss M's pregnancy. On the other hand, I'm two years older, and I have to do a lot of walking just to get to work in this city. After I have the baby, I'm sure I'll be happy that I'm in such good shape. But for now, it's been taking its toll for the last few days.

So, enough of my whining. I am at 145.8, which means I've lost a little weight, but since I gained two pounds last week, I'm considering myself on track. My belly is enormous. Still no stretch marks, but there are some spidery looking veins underneath my belly. It's not so pretty. I also have a very faint linea negra now, after not having one for almost the entire pregnancy. Weird.

I had a friend who was due the day before me, and she had her baby on Monday. She's had trouble during all of her pregnancies (and lost one baby at 8 months), so I knew she'd go early. But psychologically, hearing that she had her baby has me ready to be there. I still have plenty of time to go, though.

Wow, am I cranky.

2 comments:

Rebeccah said...

Hang in there, mama! You're totally allowed some grumpiness at this stage : )

Funny: this morning I was all proud to be only 5 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight -- the scale said 145.8...

Heather said...

Wow! I don't blame you!!! I never made it that far. With Phoebe, I only went to 36 1/2 weeks and with the boys it was 31 1/2 weeks. Good luck and try to stay as comfortable as possible!!!