Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Now In Labor

Shortly after that last post, my labor started. I've been having painful contractions for about three hours. They started out about 7-8 minutes apart, and are now about 5-6 minutes apart and lasting 35-45 seconds. I called my doctor, and she said I can go to the hospital whenever I want, but that I don't need to go until I am having them 3 minutes apart, and they are lasting 1 minute in length.

My doctor also said that when she left the hospital a couple of hours ago, it was really busy, and that she also has two other patients who are in labor. It sounds like the hospital is going to be slammed tonight, and I won't have a chance to use the birthing tub. Bummer.

Okay, now to go focus on labor.

1 comment:

unaffected said...

Ohmygosh! I'm so excited for you! Sending peaceful vibes your way. And I hope your prediction is wrong about the birthing tub. Thinking of you!