Friday, June 27, 2008

Borneo and Other Things

Terrific T has agreed to Central America for our Big Trip. Now that we have decided, I am sure that I will change my mind at least 8 times, because that's how I roll. But, it feels right. If we happen to be knocked up by then and I chicken out on C.A., my backup plan is to rent a condo in Hawaii for a month.

In other news, I have been trying to work through some career issues. I love my current job, but I know that I've gone as far as I want to with it, and I'm looking down the road and trying to figure out where I want to go next from here. There are a number of things that I'd like to do next, but because I prefer the road less traveled, each of my desired options seems fairly impossible to secure. Then it hit me tonight, while giving a friend advice about something totally different: I don't actually have to choose. I don't have to check just one box. I can go after Option A AND Option B AND Option C, and whatever will be, will be. I am equally interested in all of them, and I've been struggling to pick between them. I've been completely stuck trying to decide which choice is the best choice for me at this juncture. But this, Dear Reader, is where fate comes in. I'm gonna spin the compass, and go wherever the winds take me.


Io said...

Whoohoo! Central America! Now you just have to figure out how to pack me in your suitcase.

JamieD said...

Congrats on C.A.!!! Or a month in Hawaii, either one sounds heavenly!!

Good luck on Option A + Option B + Option C. After all you have been through, you deserve a good turn of events from fate. Isn't it nice to have options?!?!