Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I'm a huge fan of The Sound of Music. Do you remember when it was on network television only once a year, back in the days before VHS? I lived for that. So, with a little Julie Andrews ringing in your ears, I present to you a few of my favorite products.

1. Aveda Control Paste. Totally love it. It keeps your hair in the right form, but it's not stiff or sticky. Plus, I kinda like the smell.

2. Patricia Wexler Dual Action Foaming Cleanser. I have pretty good skin, but when my hormones go wacky and I break out, this clears my face up almost immediately. It's about $16 at Bath & Bodyworks, but it lasts forever.

3. Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream. It's a pink gel and made for your face, but I use it on my legs. It leaves them as smooth and silky as a baby's bottom, which is a huge feat for an old hag like me.

4. Lush Red Rooster soap. I fell in love with this at the London Lush. I found it in a US Lush last year. They've now discontinued it. I don't know if they'll ever bring it back, but I love, love, love it. It's orange juice and cinnamon and who knows what else, but it's fresh and lovely. I haven't found another soap that compares.

5. Neal's Yard Soothing Bath Oil. I live for this stuff, and I'm now out. The last time I checked, Neal's Yard didn't sell it in the US, although they do still sell it in England. If you live near a Neal's Yard or you're going to London soon, I would love you forever if you'd help hook me up.

6. Jo Malone perfume. I love pretty much all of them, but most particularly Black Vetyver Cafe. It's ridiculously expensive, and only sold in a handful of stores, but so worth it. Plus, they always give free samples, which means fun new scents.

I was thinking this morning, as I was putting the face gel on my legs, whether there are products other people use in unusual ways and get fabulous results. Whatcha got for me?

4 comments:

tomboyknits said...

I've been struggling to come up with something, but I'm guess I'm just boring and straightforward with my beauty products. :/

But I have been known to do a little pore massage with sunflower and castor oils when my face breaks out.

Io said...

Hmm...I'll let you know if I think of something. I will have to try some of your favorite things.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that antiperspirant on your bikini area after shaving will reduce bumps. I can honestly say I haven't tried it....

Io said...

The chicken sounds yummy. You may have to have cherry 7up as a child to love it...it does kind of remind me of cough syrup.