I feel like things have been turned both inside out and upside down in recent weeks. The Big Project is chaos--all on-again, off-again, ruined here, missing a bit there, drama and coddling and begging and pleading and whining and bitching and more drama. For a while, the Big Project looked put off indefinitely, and Borneo was even cancelled (never fear. . .I have a backup plan!). But, the ship appears to have now righted itself (sort of--it's still listing heavily and being navigated by drunken pirates), and we are full steam ahead. But boy, was I pissy by the end of today.
So it was completely lovely to come to the blogosphere and find that I've been tagged, because something fun and creative is JUST what I needed.
Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were, "For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn." I've been challenged to write my own six word memoir. The rules:
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it to your blog including a visual illustration if you would like.
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post and to Bookbabie's original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogsphere
4. Tag 5 more blogs with links
5. Don't forget to leave a comment in the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
I am tempted, of course, to simply steal Hemingway's own lines, but then I catch myself and realize that this is merely what I am afraid will be my life's story, and I'm not there yet. His words speak volumes to all of us, though, don't they? In any case, without further ado:
Truly, I am not my mother.
I tag (with apologies if you've already been tagged or you simply don't want to play) the people I read today:
1. Sunny in Seattle
2. Adventures [in]Fertility Wonderland
4. Good & Plenty