Saturday, August 16, 2008

Car Shopping Again

That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about my day. It's a rotten experience. If I'm going to plop down piles of cash for something, it would be nice if the salesmen could at least be nice to me. While trying to test drive the Honda CR-V today, the salesman kept making us wait. He made me walk all the way to the back lot to go test drive a car, and then said he would be right back while I went and got keys. Dude, why did you make me walk all the way back here if you didn't have keys? And why didn't YOU just go get the car? Then he made me wait on looking at a color chart while he drove the car BACK to park it (I had left it in a space near the sales floor, and there were many, MANY spaces open). I didn't like the base model interior, and wanted to see the next level up, so he made me wait AGAIN, and then finally came back with keys this time. He started to walk me out to one, but then saw other customers, and actually threw me the keys and took off after THEM. He had the nerve to tell me that it was the best-selling vehicle in America. I guess that's why he didn't think he needed to be nice to me, or even pay attention to me. He thought wrong. This is my second bad Honda dealership experience in a row. Honda may have top-rated vehicles, but maybe Honda should be a little more concerned about customer service, because at the end of the day, there are a lot of cars that are very similar, and it's just as easy for me to buy a different brand from a dealer who actually tries to make me happy. Easier, actually.

No comments: