Monday, March 2, 2009

Great News

I feel like I've just won the lottery. The bon.e scan came back completely normal. The M.RI showed that I have a small, beni.gn and very common type of li.ver tu.mor. I have to go for a followup M.RI in 6 months. My PCP gave us the green light to start trying again, and said that if we're not PG in three months, to give her a call, and we'll do the followup scan then, instead of waiting the full six months. If we DO get PG soon, we'll wait until after we have the baby, which she doesn't think will be a problem. It is such a relief, I can't even tell you.

I really, really appreciate all of the support that I've received from this community lately. I can't even tell you what it has meant to me. I can't even imagine the last week without all of your kind comments.

Other good news: Amaz.on has already informed me that it has shipped JUST ONE of my items, to make sure it gets to me lickety split. Which item? Tertia's book, of course! That made me just so happy, to know it's already on its way.

The final bit of good news? I've worked really hard in recent months to gain a little weight back. I am always on the lookout for something that might improve my fertility without having to resort to fertility treatments. I knew I was underweight, but I have a crazy metabolism and a really rough time putting the weight on (I've had a tests done to make sure I don't have thyroid problems--I don't), between the stress of the Big Project and some of my health problems. Anyway, I'd read that for underweight women, a weight gain of as little as 10% of your body weight can return ovulation to normal. I've increased my weight by about 7%, so that I now am just a hair shy of having a "normal" BMI for the first time since we started TTC (another pound or two should put me squarely in the normal range). I am just at the end of my cycle, and it appears that I ovulated at a "normal" time, and I had a "normal" LP. I am hoping this is how the trend will continue!

I've also decided to call and talk to a nurse at my current doctor's office about the Clomid. My doctor's office actually has an RE that works out of it, although my doctor is not an RE. I probably won't stay with this practice, but I at least want to hear more about what they are thinking. If I'm dissatisfied, I am going to move to a practice closer to my house. I found an RE that also works as a regular GYN, although she doesn't do OB work any more. This might be the happy medium I am looking for. All of the other RE's around here are in full-blown fertility clinics, and I don't think I'm ready for that.

I'm so thrilled to be on our way again.

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay! I am so happy to hear your news. I have thought about you a lot today.

It looks like things are inching back to 'normal' bit by bit . . . here's to a healthy pregnancy just around the corner.

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic that you found some answers and have lots of good news to share!

I know that being underweight can be just as frustrating as overweight...my mom used to struggle with that, and people would be quite cruel to her.

How about this...let's hit a happy medium: I'll be glad to donate 5 pounds to you, and you give me NOTHING in return. Whaddya think (she says as she stuffs a bite of coffee ice cream into her mouth)?

Eve

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Congratulations on the great health news!

Guera! said...

What a relief!!

Jessica White said...

That's so great! I'm glad that everything came back positive, and the good weight gain! Good luck...hopefully you'll be getting those two lines soon!

Io said...

I think we'll all donate a few pounds to you!
I'm so very happy that you're ok and super happy that you get to get back on the train again!

So the liver thing can be left alone?

annacyclopedia said...

Congratulations on getting the all clear! I know how good that kind of relief feels - hope it's settled right in to your core and you are just basking in everything being ok.

As for weight gain, I have no idea how granola you are, but my favorite thing to help put on weight or increase my protein intake is hemp hearts. You can probably get them at any health food store, and they have almost no taste, so can be sprinkled on salad, cereal, fruit, or put into muffins or pancakes. They are awesome - only a few tablespoons will turn a fruit salad into a filling meal, cause they are incredibly high in protein and good fats.

Good luck with your remaining 3%! And of course with the babymaking, too!

Rebeccah said...

Aha! Yayyy!!!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Hoooooray!