Tuesday, April 7, 2009

And Still No Answer

Still no AF, still in limbo. I called the doctor's office yesterday as soon as they opened. I explained to the nurse what was going on. I explained that I had an appointment today, and that I wanted to do a blood test, so that by the time my appointment rolled around, we would have the information. And then. . .I didn't hear anything, and didn't hear anything. Finally, at 4:15, when I'd finally stepped away from my cell phone to go make myself a cup of tea, I got a voicemail from one of the nurses. "I've just faxed the paperwork on that lab that you requested. You can go this afternoon or in the morning." And then she started to hang up, but must've remembered that she needed to tell me WHICH lab she faxed the paperwork to. It wasn't one I'd been to before. So of course, I rushed over to the lab, which turned out to be the one at the local hospital. It was 5:30 by the time I was finally done. When I asked when the results would be ready, the phlebotomist told me that the test had been ordered STAT, and the results would be ready in an hour. . .but they couldn't give them to me; I had to get them from my doctor's office. And of course, that meant that I couldn't get the results last night. But at least they'll be ready for my appointment this afternoon, which is what I really wanted, anyway.

I'm quite sure that this prenancy isn't viable. I had a touch of pink-brown spotting. Even setting that aside as potentially normal, I just don't feel like this one is going to work out. I just hope, if indeed I am unfortunately right, that it doesn't drag on and on, and we can move on quickly to the next cycle. At this point, I don't so much mind the failed cycles. THAT, I can handle. But the waiting for my body to get on the right track so that we can even try, this I am ready to be done with.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Still keeping good thoughts for you. Good luck with your results today.

Io said...

Everything is about waiting, isn't it? I hope you get your answers soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry things are so uncertain right now. Ugh, it's not fair that you have to go through this again. I hope this appnt today sheds some light on what's going on.

Bluebird said...

I'm just so sorry. . .