Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One Step Forward, One Step Back

I reminded T. that we needed to schedule the SA for Thursday. He was totally fine with it, making jokes. The appointment was dutifully booked for Thursday. He rearranged his schedule. It was all set.

I also reminded him of the no less than 2 days/no more than 5 days rule. It's been more than 5 days (or, it will be as of Thursday). He "doesn't feel good," and hasn't, er, rectified the situation. He wants to reschedule the appointment. I reminded him that the next time there is an appointment at the nearest clinic is a month away. He is good with that.

And I am annoyed about it. I have to rearrange my life to have a slew of tests done which actually hurt and are horribly invasive, and he can't manage a little, ya know, because his stomach doesn't feel good? I know I'll probably have to have the HSG done regardless of the SA results, but it would've been nice to get the SA back and know the score before I put myself through all of that.

Of course, our clinic has other branches that are about an hour's drive away. Hmmm. That might be what gets scheduled. A little passive aggressive and a little mean to make him drive, but at least we'll get answers before next month.

In related news, I keep forgetting to mention that my RE said that his average patient is 38 and has had 4 m/c. He considers me ahead of the curve, since I'm under 38 and have only had 2 m/c's. But that made me wonder how old the average RE patient is, in general, so I consulted my usual source. Unfortunately, if Dr. Google knows, he's not telling.

7 comments:

Heather said...

To help your research, I just finished my 10 year IF journey. I'm currently 38 (started at 28), have one 8 year old daughter from ovulation induction/IUI at 29, 3 miscarriages and I'm currently pregnant with twin boys.

Wishing you lots of luck!

Jamie said...

I would be annoyed as well. My Hubby really never seemed to understand all I put myself through and them compare it to his single contribution.

I know, I know - I was embarassing, blah, blah. But hey, I had been violated in ways I didn't even want to think about.

Not that this will make it any less annoying for you but I think this is a standard feature in men.

Bluebird said...

Interesting comment from your dr., it does make you think!

And I will totally support you in your passive agressive behavior, if that's what you choose :)

Jessica White said...

I think it's entirely acceptable to make him drive the hour...seeing as he's making you wait :-)

Hopefully you can get an appt soon.

Lucy said...

Hey there. Thanks for visiting my blog...I was surprised for sure at all the monitoring appts with injects...it's basically, CD3, CD8, and then every other day to every two days (or even, worse, every day!!!) depending on how fast you're responding, the size and number of follicles, and your E2. I've gone to CD24 with every other day, and then every day appointments. It's long! Luckily, my RE has early hours, so I can go before work and never have a problem. Weekends suck though, having to get up earlier, and we have to drive further to their satellite office that's open weekends. GL!

Two Moms With a Love of Food said...

His reaction seems pretty typical for a lot of men. My husband was all jokes to begin with and then two days out, was freaking out worst then any girl I know. He was worried, didn't want to talk about it and insisted he do it at home rather then in the office. Well, since there was no talking him out of it, he did it at home and barley made it to the office in time. I was a nervous wreck. Afterward, he told me I couldn't tell anyone...(what the hell ever)...but later that night, we were with our neighbors and he told them all. I couldn't believe it. Here I am, being wanded by a diff. person every week, and he can't do something, that's actually semi-enjoyable, for a test? Needless to say, I was pissed. I told him to put his big boy pants on...haha...

Good luck! You're not alone

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Queenie,

I'm a physician and former faculty member at Harvard and Stanford Medical Schools. I discovered your blog while looking for the best health writers on the web. I reviewed your posts, and think your writing would be a great resource to the Pregnancy & Fertility Community on Wellsphere, a top 5 health website that has nearly 5 million visitors monthly. If you would like to learn more about how you can join our Health Blogger Network, republish your blog posts and be featured on the Wellsphere platform, just drop me an email at dr.rutledge@wellsphere.com.

Cheers,
Geoff