Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Second Beta and a New Plan

The second beta turned out exactly as I thought it would: 3.9. And while my temp remained the same this morning, still above coverline, I started having some serious cramps around mid-morning. I'm now experiencing the heaviest flow in memory. Ouch. But hey, GREAT to see such a lining. I hope that means good news for the future.

I scheduled an appointment with an RE today, who I shall call Dr. X, for his excellent pedigree. I hope he is at least half as good as his bio makes him sound. I found some ratings online, and they were positive. For some weird reason, he also happens to practice in part out of an office near my house, which is really why I picked him. Yay for close to home. If I don't like him, there are also lots of other choices. My appointment is in a week and a half, which wasn't so bad, either.

And now, I'm off for a couple of days for the holidays. Happy Passover and/or Easter, depending on your preference!

10 comments:

Io said...

I know you were expecting it, but I am so s-word about the beta. xo lady.

Shannon said...

betas suck...why do they have to be so....final...exact...crappy

I am glad you are seeing an RE so soon though...hopefully you get some clearer answers.

Jessica White said...

I'm sorry about the beta, but now you can move on. Good luck this cycle!

Anonymous said...

I hope this means a new beginning. How great to get into an RE so fast, and so close! As one who drive 45 minutes one way to mine...I'll tell you I'm envious. I'm am sorry about the beta as well. That just sucks.

VA Blondie said...

Sucks that your last cycle ended the way it did, but wonderful news about the RE! How nice that they are close to your home. I think that makes it way more convenient. I hope the appointment goes well.

Rebeccah said...

ugh ... sigh : (

Hoping you have restful holidays.

Guera! said...

I think the only positive thing in this whole infertility universe is that every month is a new month for those of us that still have a a slight chance in hell with medical intervention. I hope you feel renewed and optimistic this Easter weekend.

Jamie said...

I'm glad you were able to decide on a RE. I hope your appointment goes well.

Happy holidays to you!

Meg said...

Technically but not quite pregnant sucks. I'm sorry that things didn't turn out differently.
Good luck with your new RE!

Eb said...

I'm in the same boat. It sucks.
EB